AAA Approved Auto Body Repairs
In order to become a AAA Approved Auto Body Repair facility,
a shop must meet certain criteria.
All shops must meet specific customer service requirements to maintain the AAA Approved Auto Body Repair status, such as:
- Offer separate diagnosis in areas of repairs performed by appointment, when requested by a Member.
- Maintain a clean, safe and comfortable customer waiting area.
- Provide adequate, safe customer parking.
- Visible identification must be worn by all reception staff.
- Provide reliable and courteous service while maintaining an overall member satisfaction of 90% or higher.
The external and internal appearance of the facility must be clean, uncluttered and professionally organized.
STAFF QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
Facilities must employ technicians that meet certification requirements, as well as other business and training practices.
- Technicians must have National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification or equivalent.
- If nationally recognized certification is available, proof of ongoing training is required.
- A facility supervisor must be available during all hours of operation for Member contact and quality control.
- Quality control must be in place to ensure Member satisfaction.
The facility must have a satisfactory business reputation, as determined by a review of several different facets.
- Banking history including a letter of good financial standing from a bank or an equivalent financial report.
- Background check including Member satisfaction, financial stability, community reputation and insurance coverage.
- Community rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
PROPER DISPOSAL PRACTICE
Approved Auto Repair shops must maintain environmentally safe processes that meet local, state and federal regulations.
An Approved Auto Repair facility must stand behind their workmanship according to AAA standards.
- Facilities must guarantee the effectiveness of repairs, parts and labor for a minimum of 12 months or 12,000 miles (unless otherwise noted). The workmanship of collision repairs must be guaranteed for as long as the current customer owns the vehicle.
- Any facility that sublets any portion of the vehicle repair shall be held totally responsible for repairs.
LICENSES AND PERMITS
The facility must comply with all permits and licensing required by local, state and federal governments.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
The facility and/or its technicians must possess any and all tools and equipment deemed necessary by industry standards in order to perform repairs, maintenance and services.
Shops may sublet certain repairs as long as the Member is fully aware of the sublet and full responsibility is assumed by the Approved Auto Repair facility. However, only specific sublets are allowed depending on the type of shop.