We’ve Gonz Green!
At Gonz Collision Center, we are dedicated to making sure our repair processes and equipment meet the highest standards for health safety and environmental protection. We’re constantly finding new ways to change the industry as well as the way we interact with our environment. Here are just a few examples of the extra steps Gonz takes every day to help ensure the protection of our environment.
Protecting Our Environment
- Our spray booths have commercially insulated walls to keep heat in and use afterburners to quickly ramp up the heat. They also have programmed timers that shut off automatically, reducing the use of heat and electricity.
- To reduce energy usage, we use fast-dry paint products and infra-red/UV-B lights to cure paint and shorten the duration of the spray booths bake cycles.
- Our technicians are ASE Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certified to comply with industry standards and regulatory requirements for refrigerant recovery and recycling.
- Excess paint and thinner is always recycled. Residue is washed off with a water-based gun cleaner to eliminate fumes and eliminate solvent-based thinner use.
- We recycle all cardboard, sheet metal & plastic bumper body parts.
- Spraying occurs in a downdraft spray booth with sophisticated HVLP (high volume, low pressure guns). Use of HVLP spray guns can significantly reduce overspray which will reduce harmful emissions and save paint.
- We are one of the first in Florida to use water-borne paints which reduce solvent fumes meaning cleaner air and a healthier work environment. Water-borne paints are also nonflammable; therefore, they reduce the risk of fire.
Vehicles can produce an excess of waste whether in the air or on the ground. We have made it our goal to leave a green footprint in South Florida and help our environment. We are constantly looking for ways to recycle our waste without compromising quality. This is one more reason Gonz Auto Collision Center is the right place to have your vehicle repaired. You can leave your green footprint by having your vehicle repaired at Gonz Auto Collision Center.
- 95% of all Cardboard is Recycled
- 95% of all plastic bumpers are recycled
- 95% of all scrap metal is recycled
- Gonz has equipped all office and technical staff with computers so paperwork is reduced
- Documents are stored electronically (eliminates file cabinets and paper storage)
- 100% of Steel and Aluminum wheels are recycled
- 85% of Batteries are recycled
- 100% of Paint Waste is recycled
- 75% Fluids such as antifreeze, oil, transmission fluid and power steering fluid is recycled.